Equipping the Saints to Deepen and Defend Their Faith
Come Reason's next Dare to Defend Series, "Christianity and Science: Tackling the Issues of the 21st Century" is coming this May!
Science and faith are supposedly at war, but Christianity isn’t opposed to science. In fact, the modern scientific enterprise owes its origin to the Christian faith! Join us for an engaging exploration this summer as we look at the growth of the scientific enterprise from its Western Christian beginnings to our modern world. We will also examine controversies such as new reproductive technologies, CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, and look at debates over evolution, neuroscience, miracles, and the existence of the soul.
The classes will be held in person at The Church Family Fellowship and will also be available via YouTube Live for those who register online. Classes begin on Tuesday evenings, beginning May 4 at 7:00 PM PDT. The list of topics can be found below the registration form.
- May 4: The Origins and Nature of Western Science
- May 11: Are Science and Faith at War?
- May 18: Science vs. Its Evil Twin: Scientism
- May 25: Examples of Scientism Today
- June 1: Science and Evidence for God – Part 1
- June 8: Science and Evidence for God – Part 2
- June 15: Understanding the Evolution Debate
- June 22: The LICE Argument Against Evolution
- July 6: Archaeology: Where Science and Faith Meet
- July 13: Is it Anti-Science to Believe in Miracles?
- July 20: The Brave New World: Ethical Issues of Science
- July 27: The Dangers of New Reproductive Technologies
- August 3: Arguing Against Naturalism and Materialism
- August 10: Your Mind is Not your Brain: The Case for the Soul
- August 17: Thoughtful Approaches to Science in the Headlines
- August 24: How to Discuss Faith and Science